Ingredients (serves 2)
Tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes (not chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 75 ml red wine (optional)
- Teaspoon sea salt
- Teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Tablespoon of dried oregano
Pasta / Spaghetti:
- Follow the instructions on any packet pasta you use. (You can make this in advance and keep in the fridge and re-heat if easier)
- 1 Tin of tuna
- Handful of jarred black olives
Make extra yummy:
- Grated parmesan – or any Italian hard cheese (or just any cheese!)
- Dried oregano (or fresh basil if you have any)
- Dried chilli flakes (if you like it spicy)
In a saucepan, put the tomatoes and wine in, crush the 2 cloves of garlic and place on a high heat. When warm get a potato masher and mash the tomato mixture so it’s smoother. The aim is to reduce the tomatoes to about 1/3rd until it’s a thick sauce. Once reduced, add the salt, pepper and oregano and stir in. Set aside.
Pasta / spaghetti:
Simply follow the cooking instructions on the packet pasta until cooked, then drain with a sieve or colander.
This is such a simple but great tasting store cupboard dishes. Simply put the cooked pasta in the pan with the pasta sauce and stir on a low heat. Add the drained tuna and the olives and combine. Place into a bowl or a plate, then sprinkle the dried oregano (or fresh basil) and add the cheese and finish with some cracked black pepper. You can also add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if you have any!
If you are a vegetarian then the tuna can simply be removed from the recipe!