Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3 x Raw Beetroots
- Goats cheese, rind on
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 100ml White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Start by preparing the beetroot. Firstly, take the top and bottom off one of the beetroots. Then, on a lined baking tray, put a pile of salt and sit the beetroot on top and place in the oven for 20 mins @ 180c. Remove, let cool slightly and then peel with a sharp knife. Set aside
- Peel the remaining 2 beetroots with a peeler or sharp knife and slice as thin as you can (use a mandolin if you have one).
- Use one of the beetroots for pickled beetroot. In a saucepan, warm the white wine vinegar and sugar and set aside. Place the sliced beetroot in the pan and let sit for 15 mins. Then drain.
- For the last beetroot, place on a lined baking tray and coat in fry light, season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 15 mins. Remove and let cool/crisp.
- In a small saucepan, place the balsamic vinegar in and reduce in a hot pan by half, set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the goats cheese on a lined tray and bake in the oven for just 5 mins, season with black pepper.
- To serve, take the watercress and lay on the plate. Cut the goats cheese into pieces and display in any order you wish along with the 3 ways of beetroot. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve.
This is a lovely light lunch or a starter dish, you could again add crusty bread or even garlic bread if you wanted to add calories and carbohydrates.